Mail Order Surprise
I recently decided to try a few monthly subscription boxes and two of them just arrived, I have a third on the way.
One reason behind this was partly boredom- lets just be honest here- I mean who doesn't want to receive fun surprises every month?! The other reason was that in the long run, maybe just maybe, it'll actually save me money since it's stuff I'm interested in and product categories I would purchase anyway.
This is my first month subscribing to Ipsy ($10 a month plus tax). I did some comparisons between BirchBox and Ipsy and decided to give this one a shot- but BirchBox looks amazing too. I'm not totally convinced I made the right decision yet. Do you have a preference?
The hubby doesn't quite get it, but he's a boy and not interested in makeup- if he were that would be weird.
Here's my bag of goodies.
1. Nourish Organic Face Cleanser: I wasn't originally excited about it, but I gave it a shot. It's not bad- the smell isn't great, but it's organic, and moisturizing with cucumber and watercress.
2. Mitchell and Peach Hand Cream: The smell is fairly generic, nothing super fragrant. It's a nice travel size lotion and isn't a bad moisturizer.
3. Caiyln Art Touch Tinted Lip Gloss: Initially, I was super disappointed when I got this. I'm not the biggest lip gloss fan, I prefer lip stick. However, I was pleasantly surprised. It's in the color "Love Affair" and I L.O.V.E. dark lip colors. So, this is a keeper!
4. Duo Infinity Crown Brush: I was really excited about this brush, it's so soft!
5. Eye pencil from Pacifica (not in 2nd picture): It was a really hard eye pencil, which I'm not a fan of but my mom liked it, so that went home with her.
Bonus: the cute little makeup bag, it comes with one every month.
My Next Subscription Box
I did a free trial of Nature Box (shipping cost $1.97). Normally it's $19.99 with free shipping.
I'm basically a food addict, I try to eat healthy, but I love bad food. I'm hoping Nature Box will be a nice balance of my desire to eat healthy yet satisfy the sweet-tooth-fat-loving pterodactyl in my stomach.
The trial gives you one full size item and four small items (regular subscription is 5 full size bags). I didn't get to choose my snacks because it was a free sample, but it looks like you can customize your regular subscription.
I guess the husband and I will have to see what we think about these treats.
I believe they're still offering the free trial. If you're curious at all definitely take advantage of the offer- it pops up automatically when you go to the site.
I've seen subscription boxes for almost everything. Unfortunately, I can't try them all. Have you tried any, do you have a favorite? Let me know which ones you recommend.